Alright, I think I’ve done it!
I managed to finish a story, even if it’s a short one (34 pages according to Amazon) and published it for sale.
Please take a look:
Ladies’ Day by Hedonist Six (update: 2019 this book has been unpublished years ago, so I’ve removed the links to it from this post.)
Ladies’ Day is a short erotic story about two strangers from vastly different backgrounds meeting in unusual circumstances. Don’t ask me why I decided to work on a story set in Mid June now, while Autumn has washed over us like a wet blanket. It seemed like a good idea when I started!
Lately I’ve been reading a lot of blogs on self publishing and promotional techniques, so I guess I will have to put some of the things I’ve learnt into practice.
So far what I’ve done is:
- Written the story obviously (and edited and edited and edited some more)
- Formatted for Kindle
- Made a cover & wrote a short description
- Published it on Amazon and enrolled in KDP Select. Let’s see how that goes!
- Been reasonably prolific on Facebook and joined a bunch of groups where I could promote my book
- Set up an Author Central profile;both on .com and .co.uk (apparently this makes a difference!)
- And not told anyone about it really. Not sure why. I think deep down I fear that the first review I get will be zero stars or something.
Still left to do:
- Amend the book to include my Author Central link
- Spam the hell out of FB, Twitter and whatever else I can find.
- Start a 2 day free promotion and spam the hell out of everyone again.
- Pray that I get some reviews and likes
- Sit back and watch as the sales roll in (Hopefully. At least one.)